Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Life

Recently, we've added "Tell Me What I did Today" to Ella's nightly ritual, per her request. It all began when Erika, while tucking her in one night, just generally commented on the busy and fun day she had just had. Well, apparently Ella likes hearing what well, what Ella did each day. So now, after story, kisses and hugs, and extra water, it's "tell me what I did today." And tonight was no different. Unfortunately for us, "what I did today" has developed into a very detailed play-by-play string of events. Erika's been corrected several times about pieces she left out; even tonight she was interuppted by Ella who said "no, wait Mommy. Remember? You forgot to tell me that I spilled the yogurt at lunch." (Oh right! How could Erika forget THAT mess!) So, 5 minutes into her "story" tonight, we'd only just gotten to the breakfast segment of her day:

Erika: So, we were running late for school so mommy put some cereal in a plastic bag for you to eat on the way to school. You also wanted your vitamin (red) in the bag too in addition to your choice of two different cereals: Kix and Life. You also had a clementine...(interruption)....

Ella: Wait. Life? But I don't need a life.

How does one continue the "tell me what I did today" story after that!?

1 comment:

Sara and Eric said...

That's hillarious! We're in the play-by-play story of the day phase at bedtime too (in fact, all throughout the day)! It sure is sweet, but boy it is equally exhausting! Hope you are doing well.